Read the following prior to beginning the assembly of your machine
The machine assembly is broken down into different sections, visible in the navigation pane on the left. The Table of Contents on the right will show the steps within each section.
Section 8 includes links for install & setup of spindles, software, VFDs, and other accessories.
It is helpful to look through each section prior to beginning its assembly.
Each section begins with an image of the fully assembled component. If needed, refer to this as a reference frame while completing individual assembly steps.
Each section will identify the parts and tools needed for those assembly steps. Identification of fasteners is easier if they are kept in their respective fastener bags.
Assembling the larger components, such as the base and optional leg kit, is made easier with two people. Though not required, this can make the process more efficient.
Listed below are two types of Notes you will see through the assembly instructions:
Throughout the assembly of your machine, you will use both T-Studs and Roll-in T-Nuts. Review the following instructions for proper use of these components.
- The indicated slot is parallel with the head of the T-Stud.
- Insert the T-Stud into the extrusion with the slot parallel to the extrusion.
- Rotate the T-Stud 90° in the clockwise direction.
- The slot on the end of the T-Nut will now be perpendicular to the extrusion.
When fastening components using T-Studs, use this feature to ensure the T-Studs are positioned correctly within the extrusion. The slots will not be depicted in the assembly instruction figures.
- Assembly steps will depict Roll-in T-Nut installation as shown above.
- To install in the appropriate extrusion slot, position the T-Nut as indicated.
- Insert the T-Nut into the extrusion slot and rotate 90°.
- When properly installed, the indicated face of the T-Nut will be parallel with the face of the extrusion.
A small allen wrench can be inserted into the hole of the T-Nut and subsequently used to rotate it the full 90°.