Section 8: Machine Setup¶
8.1 Post-Assembly Machine Setup Instructions¶
- Spindle & Router Mount Installation (/support/instructions/accessories/spindles/mountInstallation)
- Installation instructions for spindle and router mounts (including tramming adapter).
- Plug & Play Spindle / VFD Setup (/support/instructions/accessories/spindles/setup)
- Setup guides for spindle / VFD systems. This includes our Plug & Play systems and DIY installations.
- Mach4 Software Setup & Usage Guide (/support/instructions/software/mach4)
- Guides for installation, setup, and usage of Mach4 CNC controller software. Use of the software is required in the remaining machine setup items below.
- Machine Leveling, Squaring, & Tramming (/support/instructions/machineSetup/levelingSquaringAndTramming)
- Instructions to help calibrate your machine for optimal performance and precision.
- Spoilboard (/support/instructions/machineSetup/spoilboard)
- Design & Make project to guide you through creating the spoilboard for your machine.
- Dust Collection (/support/instructions/machineSetup/dustCollection)
- Information about dust collection solutions for your machine.
- Auto Z & Corner Finding Touch Plate (/support/instructions/accessories/touchplate)
- Instructions for using our touch plate with Mach4 and your machine.
- Rotary Axis (/support/instructions/rotary)
- Assembly, installation, and calibration instructions for the Avid CNC rotary axis.
8.2 Spoilboard Installation¶
Parts and Tools Required¶
The following bags and parts will be used in this section:
- (1) CRP116-00-48 - Standard Spoil Board Hardware
- (4) 6036 - Gusset
- (8) M8 x 16mm Button Head Cap Screw
- (8) M8 Roll-in T-Nut
- (8) M8 x 20mm Button Head Cap Screw
- (8) M8 Hex Nut
- (1) CRP816-00-4848 - Spoil Board Fastener Kit
- (20) M8 x 16mm Button Head Cap Screw
- (20) M8 Roll-in T-Nut
The following tools will be used in this section:
- 5mm Allen Wrench
- 13mm Socket with Ratchet
- Tape Measure
8.2.1 Spoil Board Brackets¶
- Attach a gusset to the front of the table as indicated.
- Partially tighten the fasteners.
Use the upper t-slot on the front of the extrusion.
- Repeat this process to attach the remaining three gussets.
- Position the outer gussets 114mm (4-1/2") from the outside edge of the table extrusion as indicated.
- Position the center two gussets to the dimensions shown.
- Ensure the top of the gussets are flush with the top of the extrusion.
- Fully tighten the gusset fasteners.
8.2.2 Spoil Board Installation¶
- For locations where you want to attach your spoil board to the table crossmembers, use the M8 x 16mm Button Head Cap Screws and M8 Roll-in T-Nuts.
- To attach the spoil board to the gussets on the front of the machine, use the M8 x 20mm Button Head Cap Screws and M8 Hex Nuts.