Avid CNC Rotary Axis¶
Congratulations on the purchase of your Avid CNC Rotary Axis. These step-by-step instructions will guide you through assembly, installation, and calibration. It is highly recommended to read through the instructions prior to beginning assembly. The calibration incorporates the use of Avid CNC's version of Mach4 control software and the Auto Z & Corner Finding Touch Plate.
Follow the instructions in the order listed below:
- Assembly Instructions: Step-by-step guide to assemble your rotary axis for either recessed or table top mounting.
- Installation and Calibration:
- Electronics Installation: Links to instructions for installing control system electronics (if applicable).
- Users Guide: Users guide with quick tips for getting started using your rotary axis.
Required tools for assembly of your rotary axis:
- 2.5mm Allen Wrench
- 4mm Allen Wrench
- 5mm Allen Wrench
- 6mm Ball-End Allen Wrench
- 13mm Combination Wrench
- 17mm Combination Wrench
- Tape Measure
- Phillips Head Screw Driver
- Framing Square
- (2) Clamps
Additional items required for rotary calibration:
- Auto Z & Corner Finding Touch Plate
- Avid CNC's version of Mach4 CNC control software
Assembly and installation will require use of Roll-in T-Nuts. If you are not familiar with the use of these fasteners, review the instructions below.
- Assembly steps will depict Roll-in T-Nut installation as shown above.
- To install in the appropriate extrusion slot, position the T-Nut as indicated.
- Insert the T-Nut into the extrusion slot and rotate 90°.
- When properly installed, the indicated face of the T-Nut will be parallel with the face of the extrusion.
A small allen wrench can be inserted into the hole of the T-Nut and subsequently used to rotate it the full 90°.