If you just received your CNC machine, on behalf of everyone at Avid CNC, thank you for your purchase! Begin with the step-by-step machine assembly instructions for your specific model.
- PRO Series
- Assembly instructions for PRO Series CNC machines.
- Standard Series
- Assembly instructions for Standard Series CNC machines.
- Benchtop PRO
- Assembly instructions for Benchtop PRO CNC machines.
- Benchtop Standard
- Assembly instructions for Benchtop Standard CNC machines.
Post-Assembly Machine Setup¶
After assembling your CNC machine, the instructions below will guide you through additional setup steps. Some items may not be applicable, depending on how your machine is configured.
- PRO Series Vertical Workholding
- Instructions for adding vertical workholding capabilities to PRO Series machines.
- Spindle & Router Mount Installation
- Installation instructions for spindle and router mounts (including tramming adapter).
- Plug & Play Spindle / VFD Setup
- Setup guides for spindle / VFD systems. This includes our Plug & Play systems and DIY installations.
- Mach4 Software Setup & User Guide
- Guides for installation, setup, and usage of Mach4 CNC controller software. Use of the software is required in the remaining machine setup items below.
- Machine Leveling, Squaring, & Tramming
- Instructions to help calibrate your machine for optimal performance and precision.
- Design & Make project to guide you through creating the spoilboard for your machine.
- Dust Collection
- Information about dust collection solutions for your machine.
- Auto Z & Corner Finding Touch Plate
- Instructions for using our touch plate with Mach4 and your machine.
- Rotary Axis
- Assembly, installation, and calibration instructions for the Avid CNC rotary axis.
- Plasma Mechanical Setup
- Additional instructions for the mechanical setup of plasma CNC machines.
- Plasma Software Setup & User Guide
- Guides for installation, setup, and usage of Mach4 CNC controller software. These guides are specific for plasma CNC machines.
Electronics documentation is available for both Plug & Play and DIY systems.
Plug & Play CNC Control Systems:
- Plug & Play CNC Control System Technical Manual
- Technical manual for NEMA 23 and NEMA 34 Plug & Play CNC control systems that includes system requirements, setup, and wiring schematics.
- 5th Motor Driver Installation
- Instructions for adding a 5th motor driver to a Plug & Play CNC control system.
Spindle / VFD Systems:
- Spindle / VFD System Technical Manual
- Technical manual for Plug & Play and DIY Spindle / VFD systems that includes system requirements, setup, and wiring schematics.
DIY Electronics Kits:
- NEMA 23 Wiring
- Wiring instructions for our 4-drive DIY NEMA 23 electronics kit.
- G540 NEMA 23 Wiring
- Wiring instructions for 4-axis DIY systems using a G540 stepper driver.
- Ethernet SmoothStepper Hardware Installation
- Instructions for installing an Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS). Our Plug & Play CNC control systems come with the ESS fully installed.
If you purchased a full CNC machine, please refer to the Machine Assembly instructions above. The instructions below are only for those who specifically purchased individual components.
- PRO Rack & Pinion Drive
- Assembly and installation instructions for PRO Series rack & pinion drives.
- Standard Rack & Pinion Drive
- Assembly and installation instructions for Standard Series rack & pinion drives.
- Linear Carriages
- Assembly and installation instructions for Standard Series linear carriages.
- Proximity Limit Switches
- Instructions for setting up proximity limit switches.
- V-Con Linear Motion
- Documentation for our V-Con linear motion system.
The archived section contains previous-revision documentation. If you need previous-revision assembly instructions for complete CNC machines, refer to the Machine Assembly instructions for your specific model. They will contain a Downloads section with previous-revision assembly instructions.